Before Your Treatment
All permanent cosmetic procedures are multi-session processes so I offer you one free touch-up to complete new work.
Complimentary touch-up visits are scheduled 6 to 8 weeks post treatment. Your complimentary touch-up must be executed within that time or it will no longer be considered part of the initial treatment and a refresher price will be charged.
Be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly bolder or darker than what is expected for the final outcome. It will take time for this transition based upon how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates.
- Sensitive skin may swell slightly for a day or two following a procedure.
- When scheduling your appointment it is best to consider up-coming events, such as weddings, when you want to look your best, or beach/sun vacations as swimming & sun can damage your healing procedures.
- Bring your lipstick or brow pencil on the day of the procedure so we can do our best to match the color you’re after.
- Do not tweeze or wax brows 48 hours prior to your brow procedure; electrolysis no less than five days before.
- Do not resume any method of hair removal for at least two weeks after a brow procedure.
- Do not tint your eyelashes or brows sooner than 48 hours before your procedure.
- Do not tint your brows or lashes for at least two weeks after your procedure.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 24 hours following the eyeliner procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses the next day.
- If you are having a lip procedure and have any history of cold sores/fever blisters/herpes simplex, you will be required to contact your physician to obtain the proper prescription to prevent such outbreaks from the tattooing.
- Refrain from the use of alcohol, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, ibuprofen, or other blood-thinning medications for seven days before and two days after any procedure. Refrain from judgment-altering drugs for at least 24 hours prior to any procedure. No medication should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
- If you are using a product to lengthen your eyelashes, such as Latisse, you must refrain from using it at least one month prior and one month post eyeliner procedure.
- If you are considering lip filler and want your lips tattooed it’s essential to have the filler after you have your lips tattooed. This includes your touch-up. Injected lips may not hold color well.
- Restylane in your lips may cause the pigment to migrate or feather along the lipline.
- Liquid silicone in the lips risk damage to the capsular formation holding the micro droplets of product due to the pressure applied and needle insertions during tattooing. This could cause loss of silicone.
- Lip implants may become infected if bacteria gets in the lips after tattooing.
- Lash extensions must be off two weeks prior to your eyeliner procedure and you must wait one month after your 6 week touch-up to have them put back on.
- You must be 18 years or older and not pregnant or nursing to be tattooed.
- I will not work on freshly tanned skin or skin that has irritations.
- It is critical that you are not taking or have not taken Accutane within the last 6 months before a permanent cosmetic procedure.
- If planning to have Botox it should be performed after your procedure and follow-up are completed.
- It is recommended to stop using topical or oral steroids and Retin A/Retinoid for 5 days prior and one month post treatment and to avoid getting it on healed tattoo.
- Some medical conditions will require a doctor’s release before tattooing. It’s important that you’re in good health so your procedure heals well and you can enjoy the freedom of your new permanent cosmetics!
Thank you for choosing Lisa Bruce Studios
for your Permanent Cosmetics!